Tips to Prevent Electrical Fires
There are several reasons why an electrical fire can occur. Old outlets and wiring, faulty wiring, overloaded outlets, and underground outlets are the main reasons why.
Here are some ways to prevent this from happening in your own home:
● Regularly inspect any power cables, and never plug in a device with a frayed or
● When you are unplugging a device, always pull by the power prong, and not the cord
● Never daisy-chain extension cords and power strips to create a longer cord.
● Avoid running cables under furniture, especially not under rugs. This could cause
● If you have a three-prong plug, never remove the third prong to fit into a two-prong
● Upgrade any of your home’s two-prong outlets with the more modern three-prong
● Install ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) anywhere an outlet could come in contact with water. This can include the kitchen, bathroom sinks, the garage, and outside.