top of page
  • Writer's pictureSKY Restoration DKI

Tips to Prevent Electrical Fires

There are several reasons why an electrical fire can occur. Old outlets and wiring, faulty wiring, overloaded outlets, and underground outlets are the main reasons why.





Here are some ways to prevent this from happening in your own home:

● Regularly inspect any power cables, and never plug in a device with a frayed or

damaged cord.

● When you are unplugging a device, always pull by the power prong, and not the cord

itself.

● Never daisy-chain extension cords and power strips to create a longer cord.

● Avoid running cables under furniture, especially not under rugs. This could cause

overheating.

● If you have a three-prong plug, never remove the third prong to fit into a two-prong

outlet.

● Upgrade any of your home’s two-prong outlets with the more modern three-prong

versions.

● Install ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) anywhere an outlet could come in contact with water. This can include the kitchen, bathroom sinks, the garage, and outside.

26 views0 comments

コメント


bottom of page