What do I do if my pipes freeze in the cold weather?
Question - "What do I do if my pipes freeze in the cold weather?"
1. Locate the water main shut-off valve
2. Turn on the faucet so thawing water can flow freely & relieve pressure
3. Warm the pipes with a small space heater or hairdryer
4. If you find any leaks, give us a call right away!
If you are expecting below-freezing weather, here are some ways to prevent your pipes from getting too cold:
● Open Interior Doors
● Open Cabinet Doors
● Keep Your Garage Doors Closed
● Drip Faucets
● Keep the Thermostat Consistent and Leave the Heat Above 55° F